Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) 2009 Winners

Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Here are the winners for the Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) 2009:

Best Supporting Actor – Phillip Salvador (Panday)
Best Supporting Actress– Heart Evangelista (Mano Po 6)
Best Actor – Bong Revilla (Panday)
Best Actress – Sharon Cuneta (Mano Po 6)
Best Child Performer – Robert “Buboy” Villar (Ang Panday)

3rd Best Festival Picture – Ang Darling Kong Aswang
2nd Best Festival Picture – I Love You Goodbye
Best Picture – Ang Panday

Best Production Design – Ang Panday
Best Visual Effects – Ang Panday
Best Theme Song – Ang Panday

Best Director – Joel Lamangan (Mano Po 6)
Gatpuno Antonio Villegas Cultural Award – Mano Po 6


It seems that it's a battle between And Panday and Mano Po 6. I haven't seen both pictures but I trust that Mano Po 6 must be really good. I have seen previous installments of Mano Po and it has always produced great drama and storyline.

Meanwhile, Ang Panday looked like it has decent visual effects. When it comes to the production design and visual effects category, I'll give it to Ang Panday since there isn't any other movie that has so much effects as it, right? Shake, Rattle and Roll has effects but I doubt if a horror film effects could top a fantasy movie's.

The award for Best Actress is very much predictable. Who among the other nominees could win against the megastar, Sharon Cuneta? I'm sure there would be a huge uproar if ever that happens and could be a downgrade for her. No judge would dare not give it to her. I'm not saying that she does not deserve it. It's just not a thrilling competition.

I've got to see And Panday and Mano Po 6. I just saw Nobody, Nobody but Juan and I love you, Goodbye.

5 comments:

Anonymous

yay for philippine movie industry!!!

Anonymous

fan ka pla ni ate shawie,. pdi said angelika gave a much desreved performannce

Anonymous

huy tutuan mo ako nung advertisemnt at essays.ph,. please

Cy

mas fan ako ni Angelica. hehehe!!

Unknown

mmff always waiting every year :)

Playgroup Singapore

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger TemplatesJobsDB