Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Power Outage in Parts of Manila and Rizal

Wednesday, October 7, 2009
I was alone again in the office tonight, finishing some tasks, when the power fluctuated. My heart skipped a beat since that was already around 9pm and I knew that there would be nobody on the floor.

Good thing that I heard the security guard, knocking on our office door, making his usual rounds at night. I asked him why the power fluctuated and if there will be a power outage. He just said, "not yet".

Alas, minutes later, the power outage began. It was lucky for me that the security guard was still outside our office and that there were 3 men in our other office. Looking outside the window, we saw that the whole Ortigas complex was dark while the street lamps were out. We camped outside the office, waiting for some news.

from Inquirer.net

A power outage hit parts of Metro Manila and Rizal Wednesday night when a transformer of a power distribution grid caught fire, a spokesman for the Manila Electric Co. said.

The transformer, one of four, belongs to the Dolores delivery point in Taytay, which is owned by the National Grid Corp. of the Philippines (formerly the National Transmission Corp. or Transco), Joe Zaldarriaga, Meralco’s external communications manager, said over radio dzMM.

These are Marikina, Mandaluyong, Pasig, parts of Quezon City and San Juan; and in Antipolo, Binangonan, Cainta, and Taytay in Rizal.

Zaldarriaga said Meralco would try to shift the load of the source of power to its other sub-stations.

Abigail Kwok, Inquirer.net


I'm home working on my laptop with its remaining battery and wireless Sun broadband connection. I hope the power comes soon because it's so damn hot! I've been waiting all day to get a good night's sleep... T_T

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger TemplatesJobsDB